November 13, 2017
You’ve likely heard of most dental restoration options. Dental crowns, bridges, dentures, and even dental implants are fairly well known. However, two conservative solutions that many patients have never heard of are inlays and onlays. These restorative dentistry solutions allow us to maximize existing dental structures and keep smiles whole and healthy. Inlays and onlays offer patients a middle ground between fillings to repair very small areas and dental crowns to repair the whole tooth.
May 5, 2015
Think about the amount of work your teeth do throughout the day. Your teeth are constantly pressing against each other, mashing food, chewing gum, going through extreme temperature changes, etc. Because of the amount of work your teeth do over the years, you will most likely need restorative dentistry at some point in your life. Whether it’s a filling or a crown, your teeth will need to be restored to their original, strong state. The office of L. King Scott, D.D.S. offers comprehensive, unparalleled restorative dentistry for those who live in the Monroe, LA area.
Achieve Your Dream Smile with Wonderful Care
Restorative dentistry is essential for keeping your oral health in pristine condition. Even with regular brushing and flossing habits, your teeth will experience tremendous pressure from eating, face bacterial buildups, and a host of other factors that can cause wear and tear. Dr. King, a phenomenal professional with extensive training, and his team of seasoned experts offer a list of treatments to combat issues that can potentially occur throughout the years, including:
- TMJ/TMD Therapy: Clenching and grinding teeth can lead to severe jaw problems. We can alleviate the pain with a custom, personalized dental appliance.
- Inlays and Onlays: Much like fillings, inlays and onlays fill a crack or fracture in a tooth. They fit on top or in between teeth to provide strength and fix your damaged tooth.
- Extractions: If a tooth is beyond repair (excessively decayed teeth, infected or broken teeth, etc.), we can extract the tooth. We will make the removal painless and straightforward, never drawing out the procedure or causing anguish.
- Crowns: These durable caps can restore structure, strength, and function to cracked, broken, decayed, or worn teeth.
- Root Canal Therapy: Don’t be afraid! We know this procedure is infamous for being painful, but with modern advancements and our dental prowess, we can remove the infection for a tooth in a painless treatment.
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction: If your mouth has experienced extensive decay or other problems, we can restore your smile to a beautiful, natural-looking state with our reconstructive procedure.
- And much more
Let Us Restore Your Smile
If you are experiencing problems with decay, broken teeth, etc., contact us today and schedule an appointment with our terrific staff. We love helping patients achieve the smile they desire, and our restorative dentistry practice is available to everyone hoping to fix their oral issues. We happily provide our services to those who live in Monroe, Ruston, Rayville, Farmerville, Columbia, South Arkansas, and the greater North Louisiana area.
Comments Off on Unparalleled Restorative Dentistry in Monroe, LA
February 19, 2013
Last time, we discussed restorative dentistry and the wide variety of services we provide to help our patients smile proudly. One of those numerous services was inlays and onlays.
If you need a filling replaced, or have a large area of your tooth that is decayed or damaged, inlays and onlays from Dr. King Scott’s office could be a good solution. The best way to describe it is as a mix of a filling and a crown. It just replaced the part of your toot h that is decayed or damaged, like a filling, but is made out of milled porcelain, like a crown.
Inlays and onlays are essentially the same, they’re just located different places on your teeth and in relation to your cusps. Cusps are the bumps you’ll find on the top of a tooth. Inlays go in between cusps, and onlays fit over your cusps.
This procedure is a great alternative to replacing a tooth, as it allows you to keep more of your natural tooth structure, which is important. At your initial consultation, Dr. Scott will see if this procedure is right for you, and take an impression of your tooth. This will be sent to the lab, and used to mill your inlay or onlay. You’ll have a temporary put in and at your second appointment, the permanent inlay or onlay will be placed, and your tooth will be restored.
Inlays and onlays are great options to help repair and restore your teeth. If you’re interested, call us today to see if this could be right for you.
Dr. King Scott has provided quality, full-service dentistry to patients for over three decades. His West Monroe, LA dental office serves patients from Monroe, Ruston, Rayville, Farmerville, Columbia, South Arkansas and greater North Louisiana. Call our office today to schedule your appointment!
Comments Off on All About Inlays and Onlays