Anyone who has had to live with an ill-fitting denture will tell you that it’s highly uncomfortable, not to mention stressful. Will it slip out when you’re not expecting? Will you be able to eat a meal without your denture moving around? It’s a common problem, but one that’s eliminated when your denture or other tooth replacement is secured by dental implants in West Monroe LA. In fact, dental implants are by far the best option for restoring your missing teeth; Dr. King Scott is in today with more information about this secure replacement option!
Dental Implants Give West Monroe Its Smiles Back
Dr. Scott has helped numerous patients complete their smiles with dental implants. They’re a reliable option that won’t ever slip or slide around — and that’s a guarantee.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are small, titanium posts that are securely anchored in the sockets left by missing teeth. A process known as osseointegration keeps them super stable in the jawbone — it occurs over a period of about six months, during which the bone and titanium fuse into one solid unit. After osseointegration has taken place, the dental implants are ready to receive the new tooth replacement — usually a crown or dentures.
Why Dental Implants Are Better for Dentures
When you choose dentures for your tooth replacement, they can be supported by dental implants, or not. But when dental implants are a viable option for the patient, Dr. Scott will always recommend implant-supported dentures. That’s because dental implants provide the stimulation the jawbone needs to stay healthy and whole, preventing degeneration and maintaining excellent oral health.
Further benefits of dental implants include:
- Restored ability to eat, speak and smile free from the discomfort of ill-fitting device
- Good oral health prevents jawbone disintegration and further tooth loss later on
- You never have to bother with messy denture adhesives
- Restore the volume of your face and youthful appearance
- When cared for properly, dental implants can be expected to last the wearer’s lifetime
Good Candidates for Dental Implants
When you want to find out whether or not dental implants are a good option for you, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Scott’s office to schedule your appointment. In your initial consultation, we’ll check for the following two conditions.
- Sufficient bone density. Sometimes, missing teeth have already resulted in too much bone loss and there is not enough supporting structure for the dental implants. When that is the case, Dr. Scott may recommend a bone graft to help prepare your mouth for dental implants.
- Good oral and overall health. Patients who suffer from gum disease may need to undergo treatment before dental implants are a possibility. Additionally, diabetic patients may find that dental implants are not an option, as the condition can prevent proper healing following the implantation procedure.
Call today to reserve your consultation with Dr. King Scott! Our office is located in West Monroe and we are proud to serve patients from Monroe, Ruston, Rayville, Farmerville, Columbia, South Arkansas and greater North Louisiana.